Tuesday 5 July 2011

Going Solo

This post was featured on IFB Project no.3
on July 6, 2011

IFB Project 3 involves finding an item that represents independence - usually from one's wardrobe - then sharing it to the world.

Well my entry is a little bit bigger than the items in my wardrobe. My strong suspicion is that the rest will have clothes, shoes and accessories featured here. So I'm just going to go slightly off mark.


As some of you already know, I've featured this bicycle on my facebook page previously. This is my little ride to the ipermercato, to Saturday markets and to the end of the north beach to check out little swells in our one and only surfspot in this side of the Adriatic.

Around here, driving a car for short distances, and on teeny-weeny roads are not optimal. Thus, a bicycle is the transport of choice - the get-away vehicle - for most of the residents here.

These wheels are made for riding

To all my friends in the USA, I hope you all had a fantastic Independence Day.

Image from Cake America


❤❤❤



6 comments:

  1. That's one lovely bike, and looks like something I could just about manage to ride. I love the contrast between the seat and the frame colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!ha! Yes, this bike is easy to ride. I'm surrounded by men who go on road biking every other day in preparation for tours and I'm just amazed at their abilities. I try not to look over my shoulder when I'm moving 'cos I tend to lean to one side and fall! Pathetic, innit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Definitely independence. I loved this IFB project!

    http://fashionhacks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Em. Have a good day.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you chose your bike. Bicycles are historically linked to women's independence, they were an important driving (no pun..ok maybe intended) force in early women's liberation movements

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Liz. Great info, btw.
    Also checked out your blog. So many wonderful posts!
    Thanks for visiting and hope to hear from you again. :)
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete

❤I write because you read. Thanks for the love❤