Monday 6 June 2011

Why wedges are better than high-heeled shoes


Apologies dear friends for the silence.
I've been traveling, a trip which took in a friend's wedding. This was a wonderful day, which set me thinking about the wonderful world of wedges.

Image from Hervelegerfall.com

❤ Versatile footwear
Wedges go perfectly with a huge variety of outfits, including dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans and in fact, almost any trouser.

❤ Instant chic
Can't decide what to wear at a friend's party or another's wedding? Since wedges have been all the rage for a good three years now, it's safe to say you'll have no trouble putting together a fabulous outfit. Nipping out for a quick lunch date? Wear wedges and walk tall, oozing confidence.

❤ Easier to use
With its unified heel, it's easier to balance yourself on wedges. They're comfier than high heels because of the better support from the sole mass.


Image from Sfpnn.com

❤ Eco warrior
Wedges have been said to last forever. Admittedly, it’s not an everyday occurrence, but a high-heeled shoe is vulnerable. Heels sink into soft ground and disappear into urban grates, at which point they can easily snap. Wedges don’t. Unless you’re contemplating a spot of mountaineering, the wedge is a go-anywhere option.

Angeline Tournier Wedge, Image from Shoeperwoman
 ❤ Happy feet
It's official - wedges are safer to use than high heels. They are less likely to cause you to trip, twist your ankle, sustain nasty skin formations such as corns, calluses and bunions (yuk, I hear you say), and develop back pain.
*Wink* Take it from me who often see to patients with ankle injuries in the emergency room.


Rachel Sparrow for Cinque, as worn by yours truly


And so, back you to ladies...
What's your favourite pair amongst your collection?



❤❤❤


21 comments:

  1. the red ones are breath taking and sooo unique! For mmyself, I would prefer the last pair - a bid hippie-esque and very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Viviane. I knew you'd love them! :)
    The heels are coconuts so they're quite special.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny shoes. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Stiene. VĂ©ronica, I'm glad you like :)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just bought a pair of Swedish Hasbeens wedges & they are so stylish & comfortable too. Who needs high heels?

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayne, I love their pastel ones! Nothing beats Scandi chic and comfort :)
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my.. The Angeline Tournier Wedges are divine
    lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had been trying to get my commentluv plug-in sorted. One day my friends...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww lovely post. I am now currently coveting those pink wedges, the first image!! Wedges are definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I love the Lanvins! Just dunno if I can walk on them, ha!ha!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those pink wedges!
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Dorota.
    Glad you like :)
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the red ones.
    Looking forward to the Vintage Wedding Show and hope to see you there.


    http://quintessentiallystylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Paige,
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Looking forward to meeting you at the Fair.
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha it seems like I only ever wear wedges!! I have many pairs. I don't have a favorite because I can't pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a girl with good taste, is what I think. :)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comment on blog! Your blog is so cute! You have a great taste in fashion and books :)

    http://catherineava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're welcome!
    Cheers,
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tomorrow is my girlfriend's birthday, I'm looking for references for a gift for her. yes, I found your blog. what beautiful wedges. thanks for the reference.

    Evan
    if you interest, visit my blog about Women Watch Brands

    ReplyDelete

❤I write because you read. Thanks for the love❤