Thursday 29 September 2011

Autumn 2011


Happy Thursday, dear friends!
Everyone enjoying the 'heat wave' in good, old Blighty?
It's been a few marvellous days and I must say it's been great setting up home and tidying up the garden considering it's October in two days!

I've been reorganising my vintage clothing site and I hope to share it with you soon. Apart from that, I've been looking at photographs of Milan Fashion Week SS12 and it's been a fun-themed show. And as you probably already know, vintage is still on trend. I'll talk about it soon.

In the meantime, hope you like my inspirations.
Have a great weekend.

Baci,

Joy x

Image from footluxe.com
Love Burberry Prorsum's hues for Autumn 2011. As most of you will know, I can't bear monochrome palettes. I believe bright colours make the world a cheerful place. But that's just me.


Image via digitalartistdaily.com
Oh wait...I think Pantone agrees.


Image via frenchicandshabby.com
I couldn't resist including this photo. It should be a spring photo but there's no stopping anyone to use these lovely lanterns in the garden whilst catching the last warm days of autumn - especially this week in Britain. The lanterns seem to have Pantone's colours too.

Image via deardesigner.co.uk
Lay your softest rug on the front room floor. Put the fire on if you have one. Snuggle up on the sofa with your favourite blanket; reach out for your warm apple and cider drink on your side table whilst you read a book...
Life is good.


Image via sublackwell.co.uk
This book sculpture by Su Blackwell reminds me of a clear autumn night when you're just about to go inside a country house.
I love Su's art. She's the most prolific and leading paper sculptor in Britain and last year collaborated with Nicole Fahri. See the link here. For my friends in the US, you'd have seen her work on the Beringer 'Vineyard' advert in 2007.


Image via weheartit.com
Remember the fireflies in your back garden when you were young? For those who haven't seen them at all, fairy lights carefully placed inside a glass jar or old demijohn is close enough to the real thing. Prepare to be mesmerised...

❤❤❤

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I'm glad you're alright.
    Your new place sounds great. Any photos?
    This post is excellent btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise! Thanks so much!
    Yes we love Sheffield. Forgot to mention Su Blackwell lived in Sheffield before and we're really proud of Sheffield's art scene. Can't wait to feature things going on here. So we're glad to back!
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Joy. I'd be enjoying the heat a lot more if I wasn't trapped in my house, endlessly cleaning for viewings to try and sell it!

    That sculpture's fabulous - I love paper art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those jackets!!Great designs!! I love lights like the last picture, I could have them all over my house really :) Have a wonderful weekend doll!! Kizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lakota Oh dear! That's no fun. I'm sure the house will be sold soon. I imagine it's a lovely house! Don't work too hard xx
    @Kizzy Me too! Glad you're enjoying your week. Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE jackets. ahhh so gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Burberry collection:) And you're right - I also believe that bright colours make the world better:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Flara. I know you'd agree. Hope you have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you post. If you have some time come and check out mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you dollface, I did have a great Birthday!! Very sweet compliments..I hope you have a fantastic week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks flower!! Am happy you enjoy my photos, am trying to do that more often, just finding time is tough with busy children, haha!! I hope your week is a beautiful one!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vintage is always the big trend! :)
    I loved your post (as always) and the last image is particularly lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post Joy! First of all, I love all the fashion illustration. The image with the laterns is making me yearn for springtime again, but you're so very right ; there's so many wonderful things about autumn to be truly sad about summer's ending.

    I remember capturing fireflies alright...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey dear,

    congrats on being chosen for the Links A La Mode this week!

    Best, Jenny

    http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic Burberry pieces! xo

    http://myfashionlustlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing photos:) Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your comments and for visiting my blog, ladies :)
    Have a great week...
    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey there, saw your post via IFB... very cool blog. Love finding fellow vintage lovers.

    Now following!

    xoxo,
    Leah
    www.couturearabesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Leah Thanks for following.
    Following you back now :)
    Happy Thursday!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete

❤I write because you read. Thanks for the love❤